The Attorney will function as a generalist and provide legal counsel and service across various practice areas such as commercial contracts, litigation management, compliance, business transactions, governance, etc. Candidate must have a strong background in at least one of these areas and a willingness to learn others. Must have excellent academic credentials, be admitted to practice law in at least one state and be eligible for admission as an Attorney or as Corporate Counsel in Ohio.
- Serve as a member of the global legal team as a generalist, providing legal support to the business in a variety of practice areas.
- Provide advice, counseling and other legal services to the company on various matters such as commercial contracts, compliance, business transactions, governance, litigation management, regulatory matters, etc.
- Support the company’s ethics and compliance programs on a global basis.
- Interpret and assist in formulating company policies and procedures relating to laws, rules and regulations applicable to the company’s business.
- Participate in the establishment and implementation of training and risk mitigation programs.
- Advise business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business.
- Help structure, negotiate and draft a diverse range of commercial agreements with both domestic and global parties.
- Support and help coordinate the defense of litigation and claims brought against the company.
- Support and assist in promoting strategic initiatives and best practices company-wide.
- Juris Doctorate with strong academic record
- Be licensed to practice law in at least one state and either admitted to practice in Ohio or eligible for admission as an Attorney or as Corporate Counsel in Ohio.
- 3 to 12 years of legal experience in a leading law firm and/or a corporate legal department
- Versatile legal knowledge and skills, with a strong background in at least one of the following areas: commercial contracts; business litigation and litigation management; complex business transactions; business ethics and compliance; corporate governance.
- High degree of business acumen
- Must have outstanding organizational, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is a global company that specializes in the design, manufacture, marketing and sales of passenger car and light truck tires and has subsidiaries that specialize in medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. With headquarters in Findlay, Ohio, Cooper Tire has manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its family of companies located in 11 countries around the world.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Corporate CounselIAC ApplicationsNew York, NYMar 25
Associate CounselOpenTableSan Francisco, CAMar 25
Senior Liability Trial CounselTravelersAlpharetta, GAMar 24
Auto/General Liability Senior Counsel Major CaseTravelersDiamond Bar, CAMar 24
Counsel, Labor & EmploymentMichael KorsNew York, NYMar 24
Corporate CounselWolverine WorldwideRockford, MIFeb 10
Corporate CounselJohnson Outdoors Inc.Racine, WIFeb 06
Corporate CounselHi-Crush Partners LPHouston, TXFeb 17
Corporate CounselGilead Sciences, Inc.Foster City, CAMar 09
Corporate CounselBaxter (search conducted by Evers Legal)Chicago, ILFeb 20