Netflix seeks a seasoned film and TV licensing attorney to help support our domestic and international licensing efforts. With over 93 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries. With globalization, many exciting challenges and opportunities lie ahead.
The successful candidate will work as part of the company's Business & Legal Affairs Team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements with independent and international studios to acquire and distribute content to Netflix subscribers domestically and internationally. He or she may handle related intellectual property matters as they arise (e.g., copyright), will likely need to delve into local law and practice in various International territories, and should be extremely comfortable making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of Internet television.
This position will be based in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of broad-based content licensing experience, including direct experience structuring, negotiating and drafting SVOD and/or pay or free television acquisition and distribution agreements (international market experience a plus), and practical knowledge of the industry (including content protection and security issues, content windowing strategies, and the evolving theatrical, VOD, pay TV, syndication and home video landscapes). Experience providing in-house support in an Internet, major studio, television network and/or entertainment company, s preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Clear, concise communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities and superior judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to counsel internal business clients on business and legal impact in various areas including content operations and security, marketing, business development, and product.
- Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Excited and inspired by Netflix culture.
- J.D. and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Counsel, Major Studio Content LicensingNetflix, Inc.Los Angeles, CAFeb 16
In-House Corporate Counsel - International AssignmentFortune PersonnelHouston, TXJan 25
Corporate and Securities CounselFigSan Francisco, CAJan 27
Product & Technology CounselPractice FusionSan Francisco, CAJan 27
Associate Counsel, Labor & EmploymentBarneys New YorkNew York, NYFeb 23