Senior Counsel – Managed Markets (SRCNSL 977)
Global pharmaceutical company is seeking Executive Director, Senior Counsel – Managed Markets to support the Managed Markets, Trade Relations, Pricing and Access and Government Pricing groups. The Senior Counsel will work closely with the company’s commercial functions by participating to the business strategies, providing legal and compliance guidance, assisting in negotiating various types of commercial and government contracts and staying abreast of latest legal developments and industry practice.
- Provides legal advice during the development of contractual and business strategies with the Managed Markets, Pricing and Access and Trade teams.
- Provides legal support during the bidding, negotiation and administration of managed markets agreements (Commercial, Medicare Part D, GPO, etc.).
- Provides legal advice to the Managed Markets, Trade and Pricing and Access teams on different matters such as: Affordable Care Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, applicable safe harbors, False Claims Act, anti-trust, Robinson-Patman Act, etc.
- Provides legal advice to the Government Pricing team on different matters related to the company’s prescription drug pricing calculations and reporting obligations to the federal and state governments.
- Supports the negotiation of wholesalers, distribution, logistics and other trade agreements.
- Develops and enhances contract templates and guidelines; ensures contract language meets legal requirements and is designed to mitigate risk/liability to the company.
- Remains current on laws, rulings, guidance, regulations and government actions affecting the business within areas of responsibility and helps implement appropriate actions.
- Participates to assessment and resolution of operational issues as needed.
- Participates to the development and implementation of policies and SOPs.
- Identifies and helps elaborate plans to mitigate areas of legal risk affecting the business.
- Upholds Company policies.
- Works in a cooperative manner with colleagues and customers.
- A JD degree and Member in good standing of a US bar, with at least 7-12+ years of experience working in a corporate legal environment or a major law firm. Experience in managed markets contracting and/or government drug rebate programs required.
- Direct pharmaceutical industry experience is required (either in-house or as outside counsel). Experience in the areas of marketing law, healthcare compliance, supply, distribution/logistics and general commercial and contract law, are all relevant.
- Sound legal judgment, with ability to problem-solve in a high-output, fast moving environment.
- Excellent drafting and legal technical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and manage multiple matters from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Sign up for Job Alerts
More from www.princetonlegal.com
Senior Counsel – Specialty Pharmaceutical Company (Internal: SRCNSL 980)www.princetonlegal.comNew Jersey, United StatesFeb 24
Corporate and Securities In House Counsel (CORP 979)www.princetonlegal.comNY, USAFeb 21
General Counsel (GENCNSL 975)www.princetonlegal.comNew JerseyFeb 20
Associate General Counsel (ASSOCGC 976)www.princetonlegal.comNew JerseyFeb 15
Associate Director, Senior Corporate Counsel (CORP 877)www.princetonlegal.comNew JerseyFeb 09
CRUDE OIL MARKETING-SENIOR COUNSELSharon Gerber Attorney Search, Inc.Houston, TXJan 08
Senior CounselAntares Capital, LPChicago, ILDec 30
MIDSTREAM SENIOR COUNSELSharon Gerber Attorney Search, Inc.Houston, TXJan 08
Senior Corporate CounselAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc.Los Angeles, CAFeb 02
General Counsel/Senior Associate GCFort Myer Construction CorporationWashington, D.C.Jan 31