The In-House Counsel is responsible for the oversight of strategic and tactical legal matters and initiatives for Concord Hospitality (“Concord”). Concord is a rapidly growing hospitality development, owner and management firm located in Raleigh NC. It currently manages approximately 100 hotels throughout the United States and Canada. Brands include Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood and Choice hotels.
In-House Counsel will be accountable for legal matters related to all of Concord’s business activities including hotel development, franchise agreements, management agreements, vendor contracts, lodging operations, dispute resolution, and compliance with local, state, and federal laws. The In-House Counsel will also be involved as a lawyer and business person directly in Concord’s business transactions and will be expected to interact with Concord’s existing and potential business partners.
The In-House Counsel will report to the Chief Financial Officer. He/She will be instrumental in ensuring that the company’s legal practices, compliance policies, and corporate governance are implemented by Concord, as well as providing insight and attention to the current and anticipated legal issues of a rapidly growing hospitality company.
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY AND EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS.
• Oversees and directs the selection, retention, management, and evaluation of all outside counsel.
• Oversees legal aspects of purchase and sale transactions including management of outside counsel and participation in negotiation of purchase and sale agreements.
• Engages in various legal related aspects of hotel development including financing, leasing, and project management.
• Drafts and participates in the negotiation of operating agreements for hotel development partnerships.
• Drafts and participates in the negotiation of hotel management agreements and related ancillary documents.
• Oversees liquor license procurement process through management of outside counsel and oversight of in-house resources.
• Oversees creation, maintenance and dissolution of legal entities (200+) for the various development/ownership partnership structures.
• Provides advice to members of the various hotel executive teams with regard to contract interpretations and disputes and various other hotel operations related matters.
• Is available as a resource for advice to various corporate executive team members on matters such as contract interpretations and disputes and employment related matters as needed.
• Ensures that the compliance and ethical goals of the company are met.
Requirements CANDIDATE PROFILE.
• Graduate of a fully accredited law school.
• Practicing attorney admitted to the bar of a US state in good standing with said bar.
3-5yrs experience preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
In-House Counsel - Healthcare - AVPNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAMar 30
In-House Legal CounselNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAMar 30
In-House Corporate CounselNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAMar 08
In-House IP and Patent CounselNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAApr 07
In-House Corporate Counsel - International AssignmentFortune PersonnelWashington, D.C.Mar 16