Senior Attorney - Life Sciences
THE FUTURE OF CANNABIS IS GLOBAL. COME JOIN US.
We are Privateer Holdings, a private equity firm shaping the future of the legal cannabis industry. We are building a portfolio of global brands that will lead, legitimize, and define the future of cannabis — and we need bold, revolutionary leaders to join us.
A career at Privateer Holdings combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the international opportunities of a major corporation. Our current team is three hundred-strong with employees in five countries and five U.S. states. If you have what it takes, you’ll be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
At Privateer, you’ll have the freedom to flex your intellect and creativity. You’ll apply your skills, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to a wide variety of projects on an international scale. You’ll need to move fast and think on your feet, but you’ll never be bored. This is a new frontier — exciting, fast-paced and deeply rewarding for those who welcome a challenge.
Salaries and benefit packages are very competitive. Office perks are excellent. You’ll feel appreciated and welcome as part of our team. This is your chance to make a meaningful contribution to a rapidly developing industry. Are you ready to dive in?
What you'll be doing...
The candidate must be relationship-oriented with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and project management skills, and prepared to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced team environment. Privateer’s business spans the globe and requires an experienced, dynamic and team oriented attorney.
- Manage and direct activities and staff on specific legal projects
- Lead complex legal matters on a global basis, especially life science matters (advising on research and development projects, pharmaceutical product development pathway strategies and clinical trial design; assistance with preparation of IND/NDA/SAS/orphan drug submissions; drafting and reviewing clinical trial, quality, joint development, pharmacovigilance, and related agreements; advising on cGMP issues; advising on and resolving import and export issues; and advising on compliance strategies)
- Develop and manage the company’s intellectual property portfolio in conjunction with the scientific and technical teams (conducting patentability and freedom to operate analyses; advising on patent and market exclusivity strategies; patent prosecution counseling; and preparation of patent applications)
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior management and scientific team to ensure product development and clinical strategy aligns with overall business objectives
- Anticipate and mitigate legal issues relating to product and clinical development, and advise senior business leaders on various legal issues, risks, and risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare and/or review policies, guidelines, correspondence and other documents
- JD from an accredited law school, admitted to the bar in any US jurisdiction. Advanced science or technical degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience as an attorney in the life sciences sector. Experience working in-house or with emerging companies is preferred.
- Experience in cross-border transactions
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in nuanced situations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects, stakeholders, and teams
- Experience managing a significant workload, with the ability to balance competing priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to brief and communicate complex issues in a succinct manner
Please no phone calls/No recruiting agencies
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs. We are an equal opportunity employer. Background check will be conducted after conditional offer of employment is extended.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
In-House Life Sciences AttorneyNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAMar 07
Lead IP Counsel - Life SciencesNew England Legal SearchBoston, MAMar 03
AttorneyFranchise World Headquarters, LLC., SubwayMilford, CTApr 24
SEC AttorneyBliss LawyersAtlanta, GAMar 13
Transactional AttorneyIRONMANTampa, FLMar 22