AIG Property Casualty Global Services, Inc. has an opportunity for an Associate Counsel in Berkeley Heights, NJ. Primary responsibilities for this position are as follows:
* Providing day to day legal advice to Specialty Workers’ Compensation Division and Workers' Compensation Product Line executives, underwriters and support personnel in connection with regulatory, legislative and compliance matters affecting workers’ compensation insurance.
* Examples of specific duties include:
- Advising with respect to premium audit issues (e.g., employee classification disputes and premium billing disputes);
- Responding to consumer complaints and attending regulatory hearings, and managing and assisting outside counsel who represent the company in connection therewith;
- Performing multi-state research relating to workers’ compensation insurance matters;
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing confidentiality agreements, marketing materials and general corporate contracts involving the Specialty Workers’ Compensation Division.
* Expected to assist with the development of strategic solutions for various issues affecting the Specialty Workers’ Compensation Division and other divisions across the company that write workers’ compensation insurance.
* Juris Doctorate degree required.
* Should have 1-2 years experience in either a law firm or in-house legal department.
* Familiarity with the business of insurance and insurance regulation, specifically workers' compensation insurance, is preferred.
* Should demonstrate strong negotiating, writing and communication skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
Associate CounselNew York & CompanyNew York, NYMar 07
Associate CounselFirst Data CorporationWilmington, DEApr 06
Associate General CounselCabot MicroelectronicsChicago, ILApr 20
Assistant/Associate University CounselUniversity of IllinoisUrbana, ILApr 03
Associate General CounselTuneSat, LLCNew York, NYApr 26