Head - Oncology Global Compliance & Integrity, Novartis
We are looking for senior legal proffessional ( preferably from pharma, healthcare or medical device industry) to build, drive, maintain and enforce an effective and comprehensive global compliance program including all related policies and governance frameworks for Code of Conduct (CoC), Anti-Bribery (AB), Conflict of Interest (COI) and Professional Practices Policies (GP3) and Guidelines.
This individual would lead the global Compliance & integrity team for the Novartis Oncology business (approx. $ 15 bn revenue and 10,000 associates spanning across the globe).The position reports to the Sr. VP/ global Head of Legal & Complinace for Oncology and Global Head of Compliance for Novartis group.
- Oversee and monitor the effectiveness of the Divisional Compliance program (for Oncology) and foster a culture of Compliance and ethical business practices in the Company.
- Build a high-caliber Compliance team and organization that enables the effectiveness of the Compliance program.
- Chair a cross-functional divisional compliance committee to drive the compliance program with senior management and oversee compliance risk management. Identify compliance program metrics and report on these and other trends.
- Continue to evolve the current compliance program for Novartis Oncology and ensure that it meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements/guidance while minimizing corporate risk and being viewed as a critical partner to the Company’s business. With senior management perpetuate a “tone at the top” and “middle” that reflects the Company’s commitment to ethical and legal business conduct, and compliance with the letter and spirit of the law in all aspects of the Company’s operations.
- Develop and maintain external networks and influence through participation in industry organizations and associations and, together with leaders, drive the division and Novartis group to become a leader in integrity and compliance.
- Advise the Novartis Oncology CEO and Leadership Team regularly regarding Compliance obligations, risks and risk minimization strategies, actual or potential compliance-related issues, investigation and resolution of such issues, and corrective actions.
- Lead implementation of Group I&C policies, frameworks and guidances, within Novartis Oncology
- Develop, implement and coordinate a training strategy and tools for ongoing education on ethical professional practices and associated areas of risk, for Novartis Oncology
- Participate as a key member of the Novartis Group-led, cross-divisional, global Compliance Leadership Team by actively contributing to the design, prioritization and implementation of the Novartis Compliance Program
- Education: Graduate degree in Law. Postgraduate degree/s in Law, Business Administration or Finance - desirable
· Extensive previous experience in Compliance Field (12+ years)
· Global/Region/Local experience in pharmaceutical, device or healthcare industry
· Experience across divisions and functions in Novartis a clear plus
· Expertise and experience in compliance program development and management.
· Solid knowledge of industry dynamics and trends in society required.
· Strategic guidance and leadership for Senior Management and the Compliance Function at regional and country levels.
· Ability to represent Novartis externally on integrity & compliance topics.
· Ability to design and implement effective Compliance program.
· Strong leadership skills to inspire Integrity & compliance across geographic, functional and divisional boundaries and capacity to serve as a role model.
· Experience balancing competing needs to global standards with local cultures.
· Ability to effectively present to Senior Management and Compliance and other Functions at Global, Region and Local levels, as well as to external audiences. Strength of character to resist pressures from different sides in ambiguous & challenging situations.
· Result-driven, independent, excellence in multi-tasking. Track record of leading and executing significant global initiatives.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease contact Sangeeth.email@example.com, in case you have questions.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
Insurance Transactional and Compliance AttorneyGuggenheim Life and Annuity CompanyChicago, ILMar 20
Head of People & Culture / Employment CounselSocial Bicycles Inc.New York, NYMar 01
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF LEGAL & COMPLIANCEPolen Capital ManagementBoca Raton, FLMar 17
Compliance AttorneyMercer AdvisorsSanta Barbara, CAMar 13
Export Control Compliance CounselBentley SystemsPhiladelphia, PAApr 04