Attorney - Consumer Banking- Credit Card Marketing
Provides general legal counsel to the consumer banking businesses, as well as specific advice on products, services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly, or through staff, conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position typically have a minimum of two years of experience since admission to the Bar. Provides general legal support and counsel to the Bank's Consumer Credit Card Marketing organization as well as to other areas within the Credit Card line of business that support marketing. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide legal counsel to the consumer banking businesses, focusing on consumer credit card marketing
- Advise on proposed credit card marketing initiatives and strategies
- Work closely with line of business partners on development of new product launches
- Manage two paralegal's who do primary review of card marketing materials
- Provide secondary review of more complex marketing materials
- Review and develop disclosure templates to be used in credit card marketing materials
- Regularly consult with compliance and operational risk partners to evaluate and improve marketing practices
- Collaborate with legal partners supporting consumer card products, customer channels, credit/underwriting, and privacy
- Stay abreast of legal and regulatory developments impacting consumer credit card marketing, including via legal research
Provides general legal counsel on Consumer Banking related matters, as well as specific advice on products, services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly, or through staff, conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position must be a member of the Bar.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as are strong organizational skills.
Associate will be tasked with identifying and resolving issues associated with marketing campaigns and individual pieces.
Associate must be able to work independently and interface effectively with clients and Risk/Legal partners in multiple locations and time zones, and be capable of handling multiple tasks amidst pressing deadlines; managing a substantial workload and client expectations; and interacting with associates and management at all levels.
Graduation from an accredited law school and active bar license are required.
Strong academic credentials preferred.
An attorney with at least two years’ experience is preferred.
Familiarity with laws governing consumer credit cards (Reg Z, Reg E, Reg B, FCRA, TCPA, etc.) preferred.
Sound business judgment, and a demonstrated ability to be an effective team member and mentor is also desired
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
More from Bank of America
Attorney- Private Bank Mortgage ServicingBank of AmericaPlano, TXApr 28
Attorney- Private Bank Mortgage ServicingBank of AmericaCharlotte, NCApr 28
Attorney-Private Bank- Mortgage OriginationBank of AmericaCharlotte, NCApr 28
Attorney - Home Loans MarketingBank of AmericaCharlotte, NCApr 18
Attorney, Private BankBank of AmericaJacksonville, FL or Charlotte, NCApr 18