Senior Corporate Counsel
The Senior Corporate Counsel, Retail Solutions, serves as the embedded legal partner for Cox Automotive’s Retail Solutions Group. The Senior Corporate Counsel, Retail Solutions is responsible for collaboration across multiple business groups and practice areas to ensure a seamless experience for the Retail Solutions Group’s internal and external clients in a way that optimizes Cox Automotive’s risk profile. He or she is also responsible for helping to execute legal strategy for the Retail Solutions Group based on individual contributions and through coordination with subject matter expert Assistant General Counsels.
The qualified candidate must be able to address a wide range of corporate, transactional, and commercial matters that affect day-to-day business operations, including drafting, negotiating, and interpreting commercial contracts. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in commercial contracts, general corporate matters, and counseling across a wide range of subjects.
• Provides legal counsel and advice on a broad range of day-to-day operational legal topics, including commercial transactions, and general business matters.
• Partners with internal business clients to develop and execute action plans in order to resolve issues presented in contract negotiations.
• Reviews, advises on, and negotiates a variety of commercial contracts related to the Retail Solutions Group, including contracts covering software licensing, SaaS, professional services, and online terms and conditions.
• Reviews and advises on new products and product enhancements within the Retail Solutions Group.
• Coordinates with subject matter legal experts and Senior Corporate Counsels for other solutions groups in a matrixed organization to ensure efficient delivery of legal services while providing leadership at the Retail Solutions Group level.
• Develops and implements forms and procedures for contract and product review for the Retail Solutions Group.
• Develops strong relationships with internal contacts, including, but not limited to: subject matter expert Assistant General Counsels, other Senior Corporate Counsels, Security, Risk Management, Finance, and other appropriate departments to ensure high service level and anticipate special needs.
• Responsible for identifying and helping to address difficult problems that may not be solved using existing practices and procedures; may have to respond and adapt to changing conditions or circumstances, requiring enterprise alignment and new approaches.
• Responsible for effectively managing external advisers (including establishing and overseeing outside counsel budgets).
• Stays abreast of Retail Solutions Groups specific regulations and assists in ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place.
• J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to the state Bar in which the attorney resides or eligibility to practice as registered in-house counsel.
• A minimum of 10 years of legal experience as a practicing attorney, comprised of law firm and in-house counsel experience.
• Proven experience and expertise in providing legal counsel for software and services businesses.
• Experience in the automobile industry and/or consumer lending is a plus.
• Ability to partner with subject matter experts and other embedded attorneys to provide a seamless experience to internal clients in addressing and resolving legal issues.
• Business-minded attorney with strong initiative and excellent project management, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to travel as necessary, 25% of the time.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28