Senior Counsel/Director of Legal
Do you love being challenged intellectually, personally, and professionally, and finding solutions to seemingly intractable problems? Do you take pride in explaining complex legal concepts in plain English and crafting compelling arguments? Do you demand excellence from yourself in all that you do?
Zocdoc is looking for a Senior Counsel / Director of Legal to focus on a wide variety of litigation and employment projects. The right candidate will be able to handle litigation and regulatory proceedings, as well as work closely with our People and other teams across the organization on employment-related issues.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of litigation and regulatory proceedings, including pre-litigation dispute resolution, third-party subpoena and other information requests, e-discovery and other litigation requests and procedures (including document holds), pleadings and other court documents, fact finding, and collaborating with outside counsel.
- Manage federal and state employment law issues, including benefits, compensation arrangements, and company policies and employment-related training programs.
- Advise leadership and other stakeholders on strategy and resolution of a wide range of commercial disputes and litigation and pre-litigation matters, including identification of risk mitigation measures.
- Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward while balancing multiple stakeholders’ interests, even in the face of incomplete or contradictory information.
- Advise on compliance and risk analysis across all areas of the business.
- Six to ten years of in-house and/or top-tier law firm litigation experience.
- Substantive knowledge and experience in litigation (including experience with e-discovery issues), and employment law.
- Experience in class or other collective actions, healthcare, immigration and/or compliance strongly preferred.
- Experience counseling technology or early stage companies strongly preferred.
- An outstanding academic background, a J.D. degree from a top-tier law school and membership in at least one state bar (preferably NY).
- Strong analytic abilities and clear and concise written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating on a team and working independently to get the job done.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships and comfortably interact with people across levels, functions and teams. Maneuvers comfortably through policies, processes, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- A passion for always learning and always growing.
What you’ll get:
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people.
- A competitive compensation package, including equity.
- 100% employer-covered medical, vision, and dental benefits.
- Free catered lunch every day and an open vacation policy.
- The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28
Senior Counsel / Director of LegalZocdocNew York, NYApr 14
Senior Legal CounselCambridge AssociatesBoston, MAMar 13
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF LEGAL & COMPLIANCEPolen Capital ManagementBoca Raton, FLMar 17
Corporate Legal Counsel (Contractor)Cellebrite Inc.Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJMar 03
Corporate Legal CounselUptakeChicago, ILApr 25