Alternative Investment Attorney
Do you have in depth experience in the development, structuring, marketing and distribution of alternative investment products including hedge funds, funds of funds, private equity, real estate funds and commodity pools? Do you have a solid background in the legal profession? We're looking for someone like this to:
- provide advice on all aspects of new product developments, preparation, filing and management of all regulatory filings, disclosure and other documents required under the federal securities laws
- coordinate with compliance department to provide legal analysis and advice in connection with the ongoing development of procedures, the resolution of potential compliance issues and the conduct of regulatory examinations
- assist in the review of and provide advice on advertising and sales literature; and keeping senior management and other personnel apprised of pertinent legal and regulatory developments
- provide advice in the development, structuring, offering and operation of alternative investments, including sales practice and regulatory issues
You'll be working in the Wealth Management Advice & Platforms Legal Team of UBS Wealth Management, based in Weehawken, NJ. You will split your time between the legal offices in Weehawken, and the client in New York City. You will be working as an experienced securities lawyer to assist in counselling the Alternative Investments Group.
Your experience and skills
- a JD degree with current admission to the bar
- heavy experience in the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Act of 1933, Exchange Act of 1934 and FINRA rules.
- extensive experience with the Investment Company Act, commodity pool operators, and unregistered alternative investment funds, including funds of funds.
- 5+ years' experience with a Broker-dealer
- a strong writer and verbal communicator, used to interacting with colleagues at all levels
- an expert at building networks and connections
- known for hitting deadlines
- comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
Sign up for Job Alerts
Legal Counsel- PatentsDropboxSan Francisco, CAApr 28
Counsel, Labor Relations20th Century FoxLos Angeles, CAApr 28
Senior Counsel, Litigation UnitCignaPhiladelphia, PA or Bloomfield, CTApr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonWashington, D.C.Apr 28
Insurance Regulatory AttorneyWillis Towers WatsonNashville, TNApr 28