To help grow our legal team, we are looking for a Corporate Counsel to help with a wide range of general corporate matters as well as a variety of M&A, licensing and joint venture transactions. Our legal department takes an active role in guiding the direction and structure of our strategic and commercial arrangements. Accordingly, we are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with good business judgment who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment. In this challenging position, you will report to our Assistant General Counsel and our General Counsel and work closely with key executives, advising on an array of legal issues. Simply put, we are seeking a motivated attorney to help a rapidly growing company execute its business plan.
· Advise on complex M&A and corporate structuring transactions
· Develop creative deal structures to deal with the complex legal environment for marijuana
· Advise on growing and maintaining our IP portfolio
· Assist with corporate structuring and governance matters
· Review regulatory and legal developments which impact our company or our customers
· Prepare, negotiate and advise on various commercial and licensing agreements
· Managing outside counsel in multiple jurisdictions and countries
· JD from a top law school and an active member of the California bar in good standing
· 2-6 years of relevant experience including with a law firm in their corporate practice
· Experience with M&A and financing transactions
· Experience with intellectual property and technology agreements
· Experience with complex transactions a plus
· Willingness to put in sometimes long hours to close really interesting deals
· Can effectively prioritize and manage multiple matters
· Passion for startups and technology
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!