Senior Legal Counsel
Aptean is a leading provider of mission critical enterprise software solutions. We build and acquire industry-focused solutions to support the evolving operational needs of our customers. Our solutions help nearly 5,000 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by enabling them to operate more efficiently, thereby ensuring higher customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.aptean.com.
Senior Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Advisor provides research, advice and other legal assistance to the General Counsel (GC), Assistant GC and other senior-level lawyers.
Knowledge: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Supervision: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
Skills & Requirements
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs
- Analyzing and summarizing complicated legal documents, including contracts, and making suggestions for alterations of those documents
- Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the organization and developing strategies to avoid costly litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Consulting with management, commercial advisors, tax experts, accountants and marketing staff
Bachelor's degree and J.D. required.
Typically requires 5-9 years of experience working at a law firm or another corporate legal department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, legal research and writing skills.
- Experience in the software industry
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws No applicant for employment with Aptean shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, covered military veteran status, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation or parental status.