This position will support commercial transactions related to the company’s business activities, including contracting, support for marketing activities, and more, including:
- Commercial Contracts. Draft and edit various types of agreements, including NDAs, vendor, affiliate and services agreements. Prepare correspondence, memoranda and reports.
- Litigation Support. Coordinate with Operations in the processing of consumer complaints. Research and work with Operations to respond with documentation to meet the documents requested in legal subpoenas. Assist attorneys in research activities, document gathering, as well as with investigations and initial drafting of responses to legal inquiries and demands.
- Marketing Support. Provide support for all divisions of Fareportal marketing. Review, analyze and provide guidance on elements contained in press releases, advertisements and commercials. Advise on promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests including drafting rules, and other documents and overseeing selection of winners and fulfillment of prizes.
- Intellectual Property Management. Work with outside counsel to maintain Fareportal’s domestic and foreign trademark, copyright, and domain name portfolios. This includes assisting with clearance, filing, prosecution, enforcement/defense and renewals.
- Compliance. Review materials to be used on the websites and in online and offline marketing for compliance with legal requirements. Register and maintain required licenses for Fareportal entities. Provide backup to Compliance Specialist regarding regulatory compliance on sites with DOT and FTC rules.
- Files and Contract Management. Help develop and administer contract filing procedures and processes both online and hard copy. Assist with the rollout and maintenance of Fareportal’s contract management tool.
- Miscellaneous. Coordinate meetings and organize agendas and other meeting materials. Assist with due diligence projects. Other duties as assigned by department attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable college
- At least 7-10 years of experience working as a paralegal in a corporate/commercial law function, most of which has been at another in-house legal department.
- Prior experience at a travel, ecommerce, or consumer-facing business.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels and functions, from internal clients to opposing parties and regulatory officials. Demonstrated ability to conduct legal research and translate and explain findings to others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal procedures, protocols, terminology and the preparation of complex legal documents.
- Superior computer software and word processing skills (MS Office suite, document and project management applications, internet-based research). Advanced knowledge of social media and social networking sites.
- Stellar organizational and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record of managing the details required of a paralegal.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize workload effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong project management skills
Personal Impact: Our casual company culture boasts innovation, collaboration and harbors a unique entrepreneurial spirit.
The right people will...
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, with the ability to deal with ambiguity but equally the freedom to explore and innovate.
- Manage a continuously evolving sets of priorities when everything (really-everything!) is important. You can’t get overwhelmed or sidetracked easily.
- Be vocal with idea generation; speaking-up fuels discussion, ideation and group-think. 98% ideas may fly by the way side – but your impenetrable spirit allows the other 2% to soar! Your voice defines the value you bring to the organization.
- Maturity to work goals at hand, but also able to consider overall strategies of the firm and create opportunities previously unseen.
- Understand power of ownership culture; built on principles and values that compel everyone at Fareportal to think and act like an owner of the business.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Corporate Governance Attorney (Atlanta, GA or San Francisco, CA)Engage AttorneysAtlanta, GAJan 27
Senior Corporate CounselAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc.Los Angeles, CAFeb 02
Contract SpecialistAegion CorporationSt. Louis, MOFeb 17
Patent CounselHusqvarna GroupCharlotte, NCJan 19
Counsel, European RegionMary Kay Inc.Dallas, TXFeb 07