Senior Counsel - Corporate and Asia Pacific
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (“Hyster-Yale”) is a leading globally integrated company that designs, manufactures, and sells a comprehensive line of electric, warehousing and internal combustion engine lift trucks and aftermarket parts, marketed primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. We have an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional individual to serve as one of our in-house attorneys in our Portland, Oregon location in the role of Senior Counsel - Corporate and Asia-Pacific. The Portland facility is our global engineering and design center for counterbalance products and is also the location for a variety of legal, finance, IT, and administrative services.
Hyster-Yale is a NYSE-listed company and global leader in the materials handling industry. We have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers, and employees for over 80 years.
The Senior Counsel - Corporate and Asia-Pacific will have a substantial role, under the direction of the Associate General Counsel – Corporate and Asia-Pacific, in providing legal support to Hyster-Yale’s business units and subsidiaries in our Asia-Pacific theater, which includes Australia and New Zealand, Asia, India, China, and Japan. This position will also support the supply chain and facilities personnel located in Portland.
- Manage, under the direction of the Associate General Counsel – Corporate and Asia-Pacific, portions of the provision of legal services for the Asia-Pacific theater.
- Work with the Associate General Counsel – Corporate and Asia-Pacific on a variety of legal projects relating to joint venture and manufacturing relationships with companies located in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Assist with employee training in Portland and Asia-Pacific locations.
- Provide primary legal support to the supply chain personnel located in Portland on master supply agreements and related contracts.
- Review and assist with a contracts relating to the Portland location.
- 4 year college degree
- Law degree
- At least 5 years of experience as an attorney working in the corporate law department of a law firm or in-house in a commercial law position. Must be admitted to practice law in at least one U.S. state. At least two to three years of law firm experience preferred. Familiarity with legal systems in one or more Asia-Pacific countries helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of contract drafting and negotiation at a high level of expertise, with experience in general corporate, competition/antitrust, finance, and/or international law.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with Company employees and business partners across a range of locations and cultures.
- Able to handle multiple, competing priorities and exercise independent judgment to provide legal advice that seeks to assure legal compliance, while balancing risks and business opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and profit sharing.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Corporate CounselAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc.Los Angeles, CAFeb 02
Corporate and Securities CounselFigSan Francisco, CAJan 27
Corporate Counsel, Litigation and InvestigationsGilead Sciences, Inc.Foster City, CADec 23
Corporate CounselMarriott International, Inc.Bethesda, MDDec 28
Corporate CounselWolverine WorldwideRockford, MIFeb 10