Help us transform the culture of health. At MOBE we are passionate about helping individuals suffering with or at risk for chronic health problems and we believe in the proven benefits of self-management. We provide high-touch self-management programs to help people live fuller and healthier lives.
We are looking for individuals who enjoy a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. We work hard and we love what we do. We currently seek a General Counsel to join our team in Plymouth, MN.
In this position you will lead the corporate legal function. The General Counsel provides leadership with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of outside counsel. The General Counsel is directly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical contracts, as well as day-to-day legal needs, including HIPAA compliance.
- Lead corporate legal function for all entities, including operating company and reinsurance subsidiaries
- Create and maintain a legal operating structure that aligns with the business’ top priorities, including business support/acceleration; this includes managing the complexities of multiple companies under one holding company
- Provide leadership with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of outside counsel
- Directly involved in complex business transactions and negotiating critical contracts, including financing arrangements, debt instruments, client contracts and technology and service contracts
- Conduct research to interpret laws, rulings and regulations and determine how MOBĒ may conduct and grow business within them
- Counsel leadership on the consequences of federal and state tax laws that affect the business
- Serve as the Corporate Secretary for the Board of Directors and Chief Privacy Officer for MOBE
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Licensed attorney of law in Minnesota required
- A minimum of five years of a broad range of relevant experience
- Experience in general law and/or experience working at a private equity firm required
- Must be able to articulate a point of view clearly and concisely
- Excellent negotiation skills resulting in win-win outcomes
- Must be comfortable taking risks
- Willing to challenge the status quo and consider all options
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Reinsurance and/or Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance and Health Insurance experience preferred
MOBE, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Job Alerts
General CounselBracebridge CapitalBoston, MAJan 20
General CounselMcCoy's Building SupplySan Marcos, TXFeb 23
General CounselAnkus Consulting, Inc.Miami, FLJan 11
Associate General CounselWolverine WorldwideRockford, MI, United StatesFeb 10
Assistant General CounselCarnegie Institution for ScienceWashington, D.C.Jan 17