The naviHealth Vice President, General Counsel will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create effective guardrails within the organization and participate in business development strategies. He/she will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
- Consult and handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. commercial contracts, licensing and regulatory matters, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, etc.).
- Provide expert and strategic advice to management.
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks.
- Guide managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents.
- Represent company in legal proceedings (administrative boards, etc.).
- Draft, administer and negotiate contracts.
- Prepare and file government reports.
- Review new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Guide managers on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Administer training workshops.
- Review internal handbooks, policies and procedures, etc.
- Analyzing legal issues related to proposed products/services.
- Provide supervision to two attorneys and outside lawyers hired to assist the corporation with their specialized legal services.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes.
- 10+ years of in-house, government or comparable law firm experience.
- Proven background on corporate law and health care law (contract law, tax law, accounting, securities law, bankruptcy, intellectual property rights, licensing, etc.).
- Significant experience with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, innovative healthcare payment and service delivery models.
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations.
- Ability to develop legal strategies and objectives.
- Well-versed in how business operates with financial acumen.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- First-class negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- J.D. degree and current license to practice law.
- MA or BS in Business Administration considered a plus.
- Ability to travel – 20%.
naviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction. Our Value Proposition For Medicare Advantage plans: Complete assumption of risk and management of post-acute services and benefits, guaranteeing significant savings and quality. For hospitals and health systems: A partnership giving access to our technology and expertise in building an efficient post-acute care network. Offers no financial risk and significant potential savings that will result in fewer readmissions and better patient outcomes. For acute care providers: A partnership giving access to our technology and higher patient volumes for high quality providers with demonstrated outcomes. For Medicare beneficiaries: More personalized care, better health outcomes and continual assistance to patients and caregivers in navigating the post-acute continuum.
NaviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Sign up for Job Alerts
General CounselBracebridge CapitalBoston, MAJan 20
General CounselAnkus Consulting, Inc.Miami, FLJan 11
Associate General CounselWolverine WorldwideRockford, MIFeb 10
Assistant General CounselCarnegie Institution for ScienceWashington, D.C.Jan 17
Deputy General CounselQueens LibraryNew York, NYJan 30