The Corporate Counsel will provide legal support and advice to the Company with respect to various contract matters, often related to subcontractor or employment issues. The Corporate Counsel will ensure compliance with legal and internal best practices, working closely with the Associate General Counsel, and reporting to the General Counsel.
Successful candidates should possess the experience, knowledge, and skills as follows:
- Excellent academic record with a law degree preferably from a top law school;
- Minimum of 1 year legal experience at a law firm or in-house position;
- Experience in the area of employment law and/or corporate law impacting retail operations is preferred but not required. Some commercial contracts experience is strongly desired.
- Active Bar membership;
- Proven contract drafting and negotiating skills;
- Ability to expeditiously identify and analyze issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to interact effectively and work diplomatically with individuals at all levels;
- Ability to foster relationships and individual accountability across the organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent conflict management skills, and ability to influence without coercion;
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and to facilitate the implementation of creative solutions;
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of and effectively resolve problems; and
- Ability to expeditiously identify and assess issues and provide legally sound recommendations consistent with good business practices and reason.
Levy Restaurants is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Levy Restaurants was founded as a single delicatessen, D.B. Kaplan’s, in Chicago in 1978 and is recognized today as one of America’s fastest growing and most critically-acclaimed restaurant companies. Levy’s diverse and expansive portfolio includes award-winning restaurants such as James Beard Award-winning Spiaggia and Bar TOMA in Chicago and Fulton’s Crab House and Wolfgang Puck Grand Café at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando.
Levy Restaurants is the leader in Sports and Entertainment dining, catering such renowned sports venues at Wrigley Field in Chicago, STAPLES Center and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Ford Field in Detroit and Churchill Downs in Louisville. Levy Restaurants also caters events including Super Bowls, World Series, NASCAR Racing, the Kentucky Derby, the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament and the Grammy Awards.