Our long-standing client, an international publicly traded and stable company, is seeking an experienced MIDSTREAM SENIOR COUNSEL for its Houston office.
This position offers an opportunity to do a variety of quality work and assume significant responsibility and a leading role with a stable, premier corporation and in a collegial environment. The attorney hired will work closely with business units and senior commercial management and report to the Assistant General Counsel.
· Provide legal support arising in connection with Company’s midstream business (crude oil, NGLs and natural gas), including support related to: (i) project development for midstream infrastructure projects; (ii) the operation and maintenance of gathering, storage, transportation and terminal assets; and (iii) contract negotiation and interpretation of gathering, processing , transportation and other operational agreements.
· Provide advice and support on regulatory compliance issues arising in connection with the midstream business, including: (i) FERC and Texas Railroad Commission regulations; and (ii) USDOT/PHMSA regulations.
· Provide legal support to other business units in the Midstream and Marketing Segment.
· Minimum 7 years of midstream experience from a top tier law firm and/or in-house.
· Experience with midstream contracts, including gathering and processing agreements, master service agreements and construction contracts.
· Experience with right-of-way acquisitions.
· Knowledge of FERC regulations, Railroad Commission of Texas regulations, Interstate Commerce Act, Natural Gas Act, and PHMSA regulations, as applicable to midstream assets.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior commercial management.
· Must have strong academic credentials and a stable work history.
Check us out on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sharon-gerber-81a3004