Our long-standing client, an international publicly traded and stable company, is seeking an experienced CRUDE OIL MARKETING SENIOR COUNSEL for its Houston office.
This position offers an opportunity to do a wide breadth of quality work and assume significant responsibility and a leading role with a stable, premier corporation and in a collegial environment. The attorney hired will work closely with business units and senior commercial management and report to the Assistant General Counsel.
· Provide legal support arising in connection with Company's crude oil and NGL marketing business, including support related to: (i) contract negotiation and interpretation of physical purchase and sale, exchange and buy/sell transactions (maritime, lease level and market hub); (ii) the waterborne marketing of crude oil and NGLs on an FOB, CFR and delivered basis; (iii) the transportation of product via pipeline, rail and vessel charters.
· Provide support to trade control and credit functions, including review and negotiation guarantees and other credit support.
· Provide legal support to other business units in the Midstream and Marketing Segment.
· Minimum 7 years of experience in the crude oil and NGL marketing sector (either at a top-tier law firm or in-house in a marketing role).
· Experience with marketing contracts, including general terms and conditions used in the domestic and international crude oil and NGL marketing and trading industries.
· Experience with trade control processes and contract management systems.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior commercial management.
· Must have strong academic credentials and a stable work history.
Check us out on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sharon-gerber-81a3004