Director of Regulatory Affairs
Katerra is redefining the multi trillion-dollar construction industry by bringing tech-centric innovation to architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, supply-chain and customer service. The team is a unique blend of talent from Google, Amazon, and Flextronics along with Construction industry professionals. Katerra’s vision is to make leading edge buildings beautiful, affordable and accessible to everyone in the world. Katerra currently has offices in Menlo Park, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Seattle, Washington; Shenzhen, China; and Guadalajara, Mexico.
The Director of Regulatory Affairs will research and analyze regulations relating to the building industry, focusing on Katerra target markets, and provide advice and guidance regarding potential impacts, limitations, and opportunities.
- Energy Efficiency restrictions, rebates, incentives, and initiatives
- International, State, and Municipal Building Codes
- Sustainability initiatives and opportunities
- Health and Safety regulations and standards, including HAZMAT and OSHA
- Evangelize leveraging of sustainability opportunities within Katerra construction, manufacturing, and materials. Carbon footprint tracking and advocacy for products and projects
To accomplish this role, the candidate must possess excellent communications skills and exhibit effective cross-functional collaborative abilities. In addition, creative/critical/objective thinking will be required to assist Katerra in planning and administering approaches to deal with regulatory matters.
Provide and track data, identify/advocate opportunities, and collaboratively contribute to design, construction, and materials projects, and products in relation to regulatory matters. Support customer relations and sales by helping advise developers of incentive opportunities and regulatory requirements. Act as the Katerra advocate for minimizing carbon footprint and sustainability.
Assure Katerra avoids delays due to regulatory compliance matters and does not miss incentive opportunities.
Building Codes and Incentives
- Energy efficiency, sustainability, renewable energy, carbon footprint
- Track and inform/share data and opportunities cross-functionally
Regulatory Representation and Advocacy
- Engage and influence regulatory bodies to address Katerra’s interests
- Share concerns and opportunities with cross-functional Katerra stakeholders
Regulatory Compliance for Katerra Products and Materials
- Lighting Facts
- Energy Star
- FTC labeling and claims
- Product Safety (UL, CSA, TUV, etc.)
- Incentives and rebates (that we administer)
- BS/BA or equivalent (JD preferred) and minimum 5 years’ experience in a lead regulatory compliance role
- Excellent demonstrated communication and collaborative skills
- Thorough understanding of regulatory standards, requirements, and compliance demonstration
- Ability to understand and interpret building industry and environmental regulations as they relate to Katerra projects
- Motivated and energetic personality required, coupled with strong critical and objective thinking
- Highly Beneficial
- Working command of Construction Management techniques and tools, plus familiarity with construction-related materials and methods
- Skilled in Environmental Sciences, specifically Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Experience working with building and architectural plans and CAD tools