Associate Director Patent Attorney
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a patent attorney at the Associate Director level to help in the development, protection, and management of Regeneron’s valuable intellectual property pertaining to bioprocess and manufacturing.The attorney will be required to develop close client relationships with the relevant scientific and business groups and coordinate patent filings, trade secret protection, and administrative patent actions.
The attorney will also advise on emerging legal issues, including monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments, and be expected to contribute to administrative and legal projects intended to develop an IP Department displaying the highest legal and ethical standards.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
- Obtaining and managing intellectual property protection in bioprocess and manufacturing.
- developing close relationships with and counseling the relevant scientific and business groups;
- coordinating patent filing, trade secret protection, and administrative patent actions;
- monitoring and reviewing case law and legislative developments; and
- surveilling competitor activity and taking steps to ensure Regeneron’s long-term competitive advantage.
- Advising on complex business transactions and external partnerships.
- Conducting due diligence and supporting business transactions.
- Providing litigation support.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice law in at least one state, preferably NY;
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biomanufacturing, Cell Biology, or Chemical Engineering required; Experience with mammalian cell culture or protein purification preferred.
- 4-8 years of pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, or chemical IP experience required at a company, law firm, or total years at both.
- Demonstrated experience in patent preparation and prosecution, licensing, due diligence and strategic client counseling; litigation experience is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
- Ability to independently oversee legal matters, manage the use of outside legal counsel and work collaboratively with other personnel at Regeneron.
- Ability to set aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Patent/Transactional AttorneyFirm Advice, Inc.Washington, D.C.Jan 13
Corporate Governance Attorney (Atlanta, GA or San Francisco, CA)Engage AttorneysAtlanta, GAJan 27
Patent CounselBeacon Hill Staffing GroupBoston, MAFeb 15
Patent CounselHusqvarna GroupCharlotte, NCJan 19
CRUDE OIL MARKETING-SENIOR COUNSELSharon Gerber Attorney Search, Inc.Houston, TXJan 08