Seagate is seeking an Associate General Counsel to join the Legal and Government Relations Department as a member of the Commercial Contracts Group, located in Cupertino, California. The person who takes on this role will have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging, and often cutting-edge legal issues that require creative and proactive legal advice and client service. You will be part of a collaborative group that works across all functions and levels in the company. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy General Counsel, Litigation and Commercial Contracts.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an attorney at a law firm or in-house legal department, superior academic credentials, excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, a sense of humor, and an absolute commitment to excellence and integrity. He or she must have the ability to take in complex information and make legally sound decisions that mitigate risk and are in the best interests of Seagate.
Responsibilities for this role include:
· Commercial Contracts: Drafting, negotiation and review of a wide variety of commercial contracts, including: sales, distribution and OEM agreements, reseller agreements, cloud services, technology licensing, master services agreements and related scopes of work, independent contractor, consulting, vendor and procurement, IT, software licensing and evaluation, end user license and subscription agreements, marketing, logistics, manufacturing, product development, supply, distribution, and capital equipment agreements, equipment loan and evaluation agreements, support and maintenance agreements, and facilities related agreements,among others to support the business.
· Strategic Agreements and Corporate Development: Drafting and negotiating agreements and providing legal advice on strategic business deals, including: mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, joint development, research and funding agreements, technology transfer and IP agreements, equity investments, asset sales and purchases, and due diligence and post-acquisition integration efforts.
· Antitrust and Competition Law: Conduct legal reviews and advise business groups regarding compliance with antitrust and competition laws, international trade and export restrictions, trade association activity, logistics, and related matters.
· Legal Advice and Risk Mitigation: Review and analysis of proposed business transactions in light of internal policies, standard operating procedures and applicable laws to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with company policies and strategy. Provide legal and strategic business advice and develop a comprehensive, long term approach to our relationships with key stakeholders. Advise management and business groups on all aspects of commercial contracts for the business.
· Contract Management: Become a subject matter expert in Seagate’s Contract Life Cycle Management program to drive efficiencies in the contracting process. Implement and update standard contract terms and templates.
10+ years of experience at a law firm or comparable in-house corporate legal environment.
Member in good standing of the California State Bar.
JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
Organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
Team oriented, with exceptional interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and sound judgment.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, write clearly and concisely,and manage people and tasks to deadline.