Snr. Regulatory Corporate Counsel- Denver, CO (Relo Possible)
This attorney will provide legal guidance and support to DaVita’s VillageHealth® subsidiary on regulatory and compliance related matters, including, but not limited to, Medicare/Medicare Advantage and Medicaid requirements and reimbursement, federal and state fraud and abuse laws and other health care regulatory laws as such matters arise in the context of outpatient dialysis centers and related businesses. VillageHealth is a strategic business initiative focused on population health-based programs serving patients through commercial and government payors, accountable care organizations, and health systems. The attorney's primary focus will be advising the Company on issues related to healthcare regulatory and reimbursement laws and regulations. This position requires expertise in communication, strategic and tactical thinking, navigating complex regulations and government policy, contract negotiation, data sharing / patient privacy matters, fraud and abuse laws and regulations, physician compensation arrangements, and a passion for improving care for some of the most vulnerable and medically-compromised patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as legal regulatory counsel and strategic partner to DaVita’s VillageHealth integrated kidney care subsidiary, with an emphasis on healthcare laws and regulations.
2. Assist other DaVita regulatory attorneys, compliance teammates, and business clients in identifying and resolving legal/regulatory matters.
3. Advise on compliance with federal and state healthcare industry laws and regulations.
4. Monitor changes in relevant regulatory and reimbursement areas, and provide education and legal counsel to clients and JLD teammates on those changes.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
• Juris Doctorate degree with a minimum 6 years of legal practice either in healthcare industry.
• Prior legal experience within healthcare industry, either in house or with a law firm.
• At least one State Bar Admission and in good standing.
• Expertise in federal and state regulatory and compliance issues including, without limitation, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and commercial risk arrangements.
• Substantial knowledge of health care fraud and abuse laws and regulations.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to manage several matters at one time in a fast-paced environment.
• High degree of maturity and professionalism.
• Outside counsel management
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
• Commitment to DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun.
• Ability to distill and articulate complex legal concepts into “plain English” that clients can readily understand and apply to their business.
• Work with clients proactively to identify risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are employed.
• Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise-level objectives.
• Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
• Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the “big picture” as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues
• High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
• Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
• A commitment to personal and professional growth.
• Candid and personally secure.
• Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
** we have openings with both Lifeline & VillageHealth**