Johnson Outdoors turns ideas into adventure with innovative, market-leading outdoor recreational products. The Company’s unique network model combines the strength and efficiency of a large organization with the creativity and agility of its entrepreneurial beginnings. Founded in 1970 by Samuel C. Johnson, the Company has delivered double-digit compound annual revenue growth over its history, evolving from a single brand into a nearly $400 million global enterprise with nearly 1,300 employees across 16 countries.
Reporting to the Director of Legal Affairs, this role provides legal counsel and advice to business units and functions on moderately complex to complex legal matters such as commercial matters, licensing agreements, distributor agreements, dealer relations, supply agreements, product safety and quality matters, e-commerce and social media issues, including legal research and analysis on the same (50%). Also responsible for compliance training and monitoring across the global organization, including policy drafting and implementation on a wide spectrum of legal and regulatory matters (50%).
- Provides legal counsel and performs analysis and research across the organization on various issues, policies and procedures.Collaborates with outside legal counsel and supervises the work performed.
- Develops strong partnerships with all business units and functions across the organization on routine legal matters providing effective legal support.
- Performs advanced analysis, and develops as well as implements company policies and procedures, including training, and ensures periodic monitoring.
- Writes reports, opinions, correspondence and other legal documents related to processes, policies, procedures, and contracting.Analyzes and researches statutes, regulations and legal issues to ensure required regulatory and legal requirements are followed.
- Identifies and prioritizes key risks for the organization in compliance areas across business units and functions. Partners across the organization to implement appropriate policies and training; collaborates with internal audit to implement appropriate monitoring in partnership with external legal counsel for international businesses; supports the risk committee; conducts internal investigations as necessary; and provides regular reports to executive management.
- Assists in ensuring the organization maintains ongoing regulatory compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
Education & Experience Requirements Qualifications
Education: Juris doctor awarded by a national law school accredited by the American Bar Association; legal journal/law review experience a plus; licensed to practice in Wisconsin.
Experience: We're looking for 7-10 years of experience as a practicing attorney, including a minimum of two (2) years of current practice providing corporate legal counsel within a manufacturing or financial services environment and at least three (3) years in private practice at a regional or national level law firm.
IF INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CONTACT Human Resources at email@example.com.
Additional Application InstructionsPlease provide cover letter, salary expectations and resume when applying for the position.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Corporate CounselIAC ApplicationsNew York, NYMar 25
Associate CounselOpenTableSan Francisco, CAMar 25
Senior Liability Trial CounselTravelersAlpharetta, GAMar 24
Auto/General Liability Senior Counsel Major CaseTravelersDiamond Bar, CAMar 24
Counsel, Labor & EmploymentMichael KorsNew York, NYMar 24
Corporate CounselWolverine WorldwideRockford, MIFeb 10
Corporate CounselHi-Crush Partners LPHouston, TXFeb 17
Corporate CounselGilead Sciences, Inc.Foster City, CAMar 09
Corporate CounselBaxter (search conducted by Evers Legal)Chicago, ILFeb 20
Corporate CounselCooper Tire & Rubber CompanyFindlay, OHFeb 14